Friday, May 16, 2014

Do-It-Herself Workshop at Home Depot

      After seeing many flowers in Japan this spring, I became interested in plants and flowers more than before. :)  I found that Home Depot offers free Do-It-Herself Workshops periodically.

      That's why I've registered for the How to Build an Herb Tower Container Garden Workshop, and I went to Home Depot to try it for my first time yesterday.

     I headed toward the customer service center at the store first, but the staffs didn't know their workshop schedule. I showed the confirmation email to them. Then, I was told to go to the garden section, and I asked another staff about it there, and he didn't know that it was today either. Apparently, I was only person who attended that class yesterday. He said that there were usually 15-20 people participating in their workshops. Specifically, weekends are always so many people join the workshops.

     He taught how to make tipsy pots for me, and we made them together. It was really fun for me to touch the soils and plant flowers. The first my impression of tipsy pots was that these looked very complicated. However, as I learned it, I thought it was not difficult at all and was very fun to create them! Actually, we made them within an hour. This is the photo of the tipsy pots we created at the store!
Tipsy Pots

Tipsy Pots

     After that, he explained the features of each plants and how to take care them properly. The most I was surprised was these azalea. I have seen azalea many times in Japan, but I didn't realize that these were azalea until he said so because these trunks were braided; therefore, these looked very different. I also surprised at how much he knew about gardening. Home Depot staffs have professional knowledge!

Azalea

Azalea


      I really liked this plant, Kalanchoe, and purchased it. He said that I need to water it only once a week. I think I can take care of it. :)
Kalanchoe


Kalanchoe

     It was very fun to join their workshop for my first time. I'll talk to my friend about my experience, and if she is interested in it, I will ask her to join their workshops together next time. :)


      I uploaded my Youtube video, which I recorded that day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment