Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Going on a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island - Part 3, Golf Car Rental

     I wanted to drive a golf cart to explore the town on Catalina Island, we headed toward a golf cart rental, Island Rentals.
Island Rentals
Island Rentals
125 Pebbly Beach Rd
Avalon, CA 90704


     It costs $40 per hour to rent a golf cart. We found that there was a notice on the front desk saying that if you donate $10 for veterans, they give you an extra 30 minutes rental for free. We were able to get a 1 hour and half rental for $50. In addition, we needed to put down a $40 deposit. We didn't expect that they only accept cash, so we drew out cash from a cash machine to pay $90.
     The four-seat golf cart was made by Yamaha, which is a famous Japanese company for motorcycle. My late grandfather used to drive his Yamaha motorcycle by the way. When I was child, I was sometimes on the back of his motorcycle. That's why this Yamaha cart reminded me of Japan. :)
Yamaha Golf Cart

      They gave us this map, which was very helpful to drive in Avalon.
Map of Avalon

     It was our first time to drive a golf cart. I was excited to explore the town by the pretty golf cart. :) We were able to see a great scenery and took pictures.

Avalon Bay



Avalon Bay


Avalon Bay


Avalon Bay


      We stopped by Santa Catalina Interpretive Center.
Santa Catalina Interpretive Center

Santa Catalina Interpretive Center



Santa Catalina Interpretive Center


Santa Catalina Interpretive Center

Santa Catalina Interpretive Center

 
     Driving residential zone was a little complicated, and we got lost once, but we figured it out soon by referring the map they gave us.

Avalon Bay

 
     I expected that a 1 hour and half car rental was long enough to explore the town, but it went by so quickly. We enjoyed our first golf cart rental on this island. :)
 
     I uploaded my Youtube video which I recorded that day.
 
 
     Then, we joined the semi-submarine tour. I'll write about it next time.
 
 
 
           These are my entries related to our day trip on Santa Catalina Island.

Going on a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island - Part 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     My entries related to Los Angeles can be seen here.





No comments:

Post a Comment