Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Going on a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island - Part 4, Semi-Submarine Tour, The Nautilus

       After Exploring the town by a golf cart on Catalina Island, we headed toward a tour desk and bought the semi-submarine tour tickets for around $70.

       We climbed down stairs to the inside of the semi-submarine, the Nautilus.
The Nautilus Semi-Submarine Tour
by Catalina Adventure Tours


      There were round-shaped windows, so we could see under water from the windows. The water was murky though.
Inside the Semi-Submarine, the Nautilus

      At first, we only saw a few small fish and so many giant kelp. However, as the boat went ahead, we were able to see a ton of pretty big fish swam along the boat. Mostly, I saw these schools of two kinds of fish.



Inside the Semi-Submarine, the Nautilus

       There was an option to buy food shots to feed the fish. As soon as people pushed to shoot out food, numerous fish swam very close to the window. Frankly, the view from the windows didn't look beautiful. I usually really enjoy watching fish, but it was not really fun for me to see too many big fish at one time somehow.
     Some fish stopped by my window and was watching me was cute though. However, the fish was probably asking for foods. :)
Inside the Semi-Submarine, the Nautilus


Inside the Semi-Submarine, the Nautilus

        I didn't expect that we saw such a number of fish. I thought that it was a paradise for fish under the water in Avalon Bay.


       I uploaded my Youtube video, which I recorded that day.


Catalina Adventure Tours Official Website
http://www.catalinaadventuretours.com/





           These are my entries related to our day trip on Santa Catalina Island.

Going on a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island - Part 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     My entries related to Los Angeles can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment