Saturday, May 3, 2014

Haul - Japanese Sweets and Snacks Part 1

      When I was in Japan last month, I bought so many Japanese sweets and snacks as you can see the photos below. You may be surprised at how much I bought there. Haha! Even though I like sweets and snacks, I don't eat those every day. In the U.S. where I live, I usually don't buy chips, and I only buy chocolate on clearance sale. However, when I visit Japan, I tend to buy so many because Japanese sweets and snacks taste so good and are very reasonable. I'm going to share what I bought in Japan.



       These are Jagarico, which is crunchy potato sticks. These were 97yen each at discount store. Jagarico has some different flavor, such as Cheese and Salad. I always buy Cheese flavor. :) Jagarico is made by Calbee, which is one of the biggest Japanese snack makers and was founded in 1949. These days, I have seen their product, Snapea Crisps, at Trader Joe's in the U.S., and when I was little, it was my favorite one, was named Sayaendou in Japanese.
Jagarico (じゃがりこ) by Calbee for 97yen each
Calbee (カルビー) Official Website
http://www.calbee.co.jp/english/jp/



 
      I bought this curry rice cracker, Natsukashi Curry Sen, for 129yen. This has curry taste as you can imagine. This was made by Kameda Seika, which is the biggest rice cracker maker in Japan and was established in 1957.
Natsukashi Curry Sen (懐かしカレーせん) by Kameda Seika (亀田製菓) for 129yen

     This is also rice cracker, Happy Turn, which was made by Kameda Seika. Each rice cracker is wrapped individually. It tastes sweet and salty. It was 145yen at supermarket.
Happy Turn (ハッピーターン) by Kameda Seika (亀田製菓) for 145yen
Kameda Seika (亀田製菓) Official Website
http://www.kamedaseika.co.jp/item/itemIndex.html



       This is Harvest, which is very thin cookie. This is made by Tohato, which was first established in 1952 and was named as Tokyo Seika at that time. Tohato have been making many popular snacks in Japan. Harvest is one of my favorite Tohato snacks, which has some different flavors, such as Sesame Seed and Maccha. I bought this Almond Caramel flavor for 89yen at discount store.
Harvest (ハーベスト) by Tohato (東ハト) for 89yen


       This is Caramel Corn, which is a sweet caramel flavored snacks. This was 79yen at discount store. This was also made by Tohato. Caramel Corn was first produced in 1971 and has been one of the longest selling products of Tohato.
Caramel Corn (キャラメルコーン) by Tohato (東ハト) for 79yen
Tohato (東ハト) Official Website
http://tohato.jp/products/




     I bought this snacks, Suppa Mucyo by Koikeya. Suppai means sour in Japanese, so this chips has sour taste. I bought this for 69yen at discount store. Koikeya was first established in 1954 and has made many popular snacks in Japan.
Suppa Mucyo (すっぱムーチョ) by Koikeya (コイケヤ) for 69yen
Koikeya (湖池屋/コイケヤ)Official Website
http://koikeya.co.jp/commodity/



     I bought this Onigiri Senbei, which is rice cracker, for 89yen at discount store. Onigiri means rice ball and senbei means rice cracker in Japanese. That's why this rice cracker is triangle like rice ball. This is salty and has soy sauce flavor. Onigiri Senbei was first produced in 1969 by Masuya, which was first established in 1965.
Onigiri Senbei (おにぎりせんべい) by Masuya (マスヤ) for 89yen

Masuya Official Website
http://www.masuya.co.jp/products/index.html




     I like combination of rice cracker and cheese, so I bought this Noukou Cheese Kibun by Sanko Seika, which was established in 1962. They make many kinds of rice cracker, and those are very famous and popular in Japan. This was 119yen at discount store.
Noukou Cheese Kibun (濃厚チーズ気分) by Sanko Seika (三幸製菓) for 119yen

      When my mother-in-law brought this rice cracker for me, I really liked it. That's why I decided to purchase the same rice cracker. This is Marudaizu Senbei by Sanko Seika. This rice cracker contains many black soy beans. It was 149yen at discount store.
Marudaizu Senbei (丸大豆せんべい) by Sanko Seika (三幸製菓) for 149yen

Sanko Seika Official Website
http://www.sanko-seika.co.jp/docs/shohin/shohin.html



     When I visit Japan, I always buy Umai Bou by Yaokin, which was established in 1981. Umai Bou is very cheap which is only 10yen each, but I bought them for 9yen each at discount store. Umai Bou has a number of flavors. I tried to purchase as many flavors as I could find, but I was only able to find 9 flavors. I wish I could find Natto and Gyutan ones, which are the flavors I like best.
Umai Bou (うまい棒) by Yaokin (やおきん) for 9yen

Umai Bou Cheese Flavor


Umai Bou Tonkatsu Sauce Flavor

Umai Bou Mentai Flavor

Umai Bou Shrimp Mayonnaise Flavor

Umai Bou Salad Flavor

Umai Bou Salami Flavor

Umai Bou Corn Soup Flavor

Umai Bou Hamburger Flavor

Umai Bou Chocolate Flavor

     I bought this small package of Cabbage Taro by Yaokin. It was only 16yen at discount store. Yaokin makes many inexpensive products, so many children like their snacks because of affordable price.
Cabbage Taro (キャベツ太郎) by Yaokin (やおきん) for 16yen
Yaokin (やおきん) Official Website
 http://www.yaokin.com/



     I bought this 15-piece chocolate by Riska, which was established in 1981. This was 129yen yen at discount store.

15-piece Chocolate (15本チョコ) by Riska (リスカ) for 129yen

      This contains 15 pieces of chocolate snacks, true to its name.

 Riska Official Website
http://www.riska.co.jp/catalog/top.html





     Oh, I bought too many! I'll share the rest of sweets with you next time.


This is my entries related to Japanese sweets and snacks haul.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japanese%20sweets%20and%20snacks


     This is also my entry you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)





















No comments:

Post a Comment