Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Japanese Cup Noodle - Haul

      Did you know that instant ramen was first invented by Momofuku Ando of Nissin in Japan in 1958?

      My husband and I have tried some Japanese instant noodle in the U.S. before, such as Nissin, Maru-chan and Sapporo Ichiban ones. However, they tasted very different from ones in Japan! Frankly, they were not good at all from a Japanese standard. We were disappointed about that. They are very famous food companies in Japan, and I like and trust their products which were manufactured in Japan. However, Nissin, Maru-chan, and Sapporo Ichiban USA make very Americanized instant noodles here. It's no wonder that they change their flavor abroad in order to survive against international competition. That's why I sometimes miss authentic Japanese instant noodles. I can go to Japanese supermarket in the U.S. and find authentic ones easily, but those are too pricey. :((

       Nonetheless, my husband and I love Japanese instant noodles so much. That's why we always purchase some when we visit Japan. Last month, I purchased some Japanese cup noodles at supermarkets during my stay in Japan. I'm going to share what I got with you. :) All of them were on sale for less than 90yen each and taste great!


Co Co Ichiban (Co Co 壱番屋) Curry Udon (カレーうどん) by Acecook (エースコック)

      Acecook is a very famous instant noodle manufacture company in Japan, and Co Co Ichiban is the chain of famous Japanese curry restaurant. Acecook and Co Co Ichiban have collaborated to produce the curry cup noodle!


Super Cup 1.5 (スーパーカップ1.5倍) Miso Ramen by Acecook (エースコック)
     One of famous Acecook's products is Super Cup 1.5, which was first released 25 years ago. This cup noodle is pretty big. It contains 1.5 times more than ordinary instant cup noodle. :)

Acecook (エースコック) Official Website
http://www.acecook.co.jp/index.html




       I bought some Maru-chan instant noodle. :)

Akai Kitsune Udon (赤いきつねうどん) by Maru-chan (マルちゃん)
      Udon which contains a deep-fried bean curd is called kitsune udon in Japan. Akai Kitsune Udon contains a deep-fired been curd which is sweetly flavored.


Midori-no Tanuki Tensoba (緑のたぬき天そば) by Maru-chan (マルちゃん)
       Tanuki noodle is combination of noodle and tempura. This has been my favorite one since I was a teen.

Goboten Udon (ごぼ天うどん) by Maru-chan (マルちゃん)
     This Udon contains templa of Gobo, which is called burdock root in English.

Maru-chan (マルちゃん) Akai Kistune Midori-no Tanuki Official Website
 http://www.maruchan.co.jp/aka-midori/



     I also bought some Yakisoba instant noodle.

Sauce Yakisoba (ソース焼きそば) by Maru-chan (マルちゃん)

Super Cup Ika Yakisoba (スーパーカップいか焼きそば) by Acecook (エースコック)

Otafuku Okonomi Sauce flavored Yakisoba (おたふくお好みソース味焼きそば) by Sapporo Ichiban (サッポロ一番)




      If you have a chance to go to Japan, you really should try authentic Japanese cup noodle.  You can find many kinds of cup noodle at Japanese supermarket. :)



      This is my entries related to Japan.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


     These are also my entries you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods


No comments:

Post a Comment