Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Otokomae Tofu Review

      As I mentioned in my previous entry, I tried Otokomae Tofuten Strong Ken(男前豆腐店ストロングケン) for my first time in Japan last month and found a liking for it.

Otokomae Tofuten Strong Ken-chan 99yen
Otokomae Tofuten Strong Ken-chan 99yen

       After that, when I went to a supermarket in Japan, I bought some of their products. I'm going to share what I bought there with you and review on those this time.


       I bought Edamame Ken-chan (枝豆ケンちゃん) and Yuzu Ken-chan (ゆずケンちゃん). These were 170yen each. These instructions read that to try with salt only, so I sprinkled some salt on the tofu.
       Edamame(枝豆) means boiled soybean in Japanese, so the Edamame Ken-chan tasted just like boiled soybean! It was very unique, and I like that! :)
      The Yuzu Ken-chan was also good! I noticed its yuzu taste. I like both, but yuzu one was much better than edamame one.

Edamame Ken-chan & Yuzu Ken-chan for 170yen each

       This tofu was Glassan Tofu(グラサントーフ), which was 132yen. Glassan(グラサン) means sunglasses in Japanese, so the picture of the package shows three pairs of sunglasses. The Glassan tofu had six pieces of tofu. This means that each sunglass had one piece of tofu. The size of each piece of the tofu was just right for one serving. The taste of the Glassan Tofu was nothing unique though.

Otokomae Tofuten Glassan Tofu for 132yen

      I bought this Otokomae Tonyu(男前豆乳), which was 132yen for 500ml pack. Tonyu(豆乳) means soy milk in Japanese. I wanted to try the soy milk which tofu manufacture made. I have tried so many kinds of soy milk so far and had never thought the taste was very good before even though soy milk is pretty healthy. However, Otokomae Tonyu was incredibly good! I felt like I was drinking tofu because the taste of this soy milk was exactly like tofu. My family tasted it and was surprised as well. Then, I made cafe latte with this soy milk, and obviously, it was the best soy milk cafe latte ever! 

Otokomae Tofuten Otokomae Tonyu 500ml for 132yen

If I rank their products, the number one product was Otokomae Tonyu. :)
 No.1  Otokomae Tonyu (男前豆乳)
 No.2  Strong Ken Tokunou (ストロングケン-特濃)
 No.3  Yuzu Ken-chan (ユズケンちゃん)
 No.4  Edamame Ken-chan (枝豆ケンちゃん)
 No.5  Glassan Tofu (グラサントーフ)
 

       Otokomae Tofuten is the best tofu manufacture ever. When I visit to Japan next time, I will definitely try their products again!




     These are my previous entries related to Otokomae Tofuten.

Otokomae Tofuten - The Best Japanese Tofu Ever

Otokomae Tofuten - My Favorite Japanese Tofu



     This is my Youtube video, which I recorded when I bought their tofu.


     My entries about Otokomae Tofuten can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Otokomae%20Tofuten


     My Japanese entries can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


     These are also my entries you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods



No comments:

Post a Comment