Friday, May 2, 2014

What I Got at Costco in Japan - Haul

     As I mentioned in my previous entry, I went to Costco with my sister and my mother during my stay in Japan last month. You may know that Costco membership cards can be used anywhere in the world, and the oversea branches sell some unique products which you have never seen in the U.S. That's why I always go to Costco when I visit to Japan. :) I'm going to share what I purchased there with you.


        I purchased Morihan Maccha Au Lait, which was 888yen. It was the fourth product for me to try Morihan products. :) Morihan is well-established company for decent green tea, and they have been in business for over 170 years in Kyoto. I tried this Maccha Au Lait this time and loved like always I do. :)
Morihan Maccha Au Lait 380g for 888yen

     I added four teaspoons of this powder into a cup and poured 3/4 cup of hot water.
Morihan Maccha Au Lait 380g

     It was slightly sweet and bitter. I was able to notice maccha taste, which I love. :)
Maccha Au Lait

      I purchased this Pietro Dressing, which was 618yen for 600ml. I like Japanese salad dressing, especially Pietro product is my favorite.
Pietro Dressing 600ml for 618yen

       I found this dressing just next to the Pietro Dressing. This Wafu Onion Dressing, which was made by Maruwa Yushi Company, was 558yen for 950ml. Wafu means Japanese style in Japanese. This dressing has soy sauce taste. I've just found that this product has many positive reviews! This is obviously perfect with salad, and some Japanese people recommend to use this with Japanese hamburger steak with grated Japanese radish, fried chicken, pasta, udon and so on. I can't wait trying it!
Wafu Onion Dressing 950ml for 558yen

       I also purchased this 1.8kg of mochi for 918yen. I know it is pretty expensive, but this mochi is very decent because it is made of Japanese domestic sweet rice only. Considered the ingredient, it comes out reasonable price.
Kinetsuki Namakirimochi 1.8kg for 918yen


     Each mochi is individually packed to keep the mochi fresh longer.

      I've just heated the mochi in a microwave for 20 seconds. The mochi was expanded by heat and shrank soon.

       You can eat mochi with many different ways. My husband likes to eat it with sweet bean paste. I like mochi with soy sauce and seaweed. 

       It was so good! :)


       My sister bought a 12-piece pack of Costco muffin for 838yen. She told me that her friend always bought one and it's pretty popular in Costco products, so she wanted to try it. After coming back my parents' home in Japan, we tried the muffin, and I was surprised that it was so good! Specifically, chocolate muffin had very rich in chocolate taste, which I love. I have never tried one in the U.S. because I'm afraid of  U.S. sweets, which is always too sweet for me. My sister bought so many products at Costco because she makes meals for family of 7.

      I bought Yame green tea leaves for my mother. We had bought the same one before, and we really liked it. Because my families have been drinking Yame green tea everyday, so we are pretty picky when it comes to green tea, but we agreed this green tea is very good and decent! This was 1338 yen for 600g. It was very reasonable price with this quality! My sister told me that she and her mother-in-law buy Yame green tea only at local green tea stores and have never bought one at supermarket because the taste is very different. However, she told me that she would try it next time. :)
Yame Green Tea

      This is my Youtube video which I recorded when we went to Costco in Japan.



       My Costco in Japan entries can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Costco%20in%20Japan

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

     These are also my entries you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

     My entries related Costco can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment