Sunday, June 22, 2014

The How of Happiness - Writing and Happiness

The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky

      These day, I have been reading the book, The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky. This book was written with scientific research to understanding the element of happiness. When I have a spare time, I lie down on couch and read it for fun. A year ago, it was still very hard for me to read the thick English novel which was used as one of my assignments at ESL class, but now I read more thick English book by choice. I sometimes realized and surprised at how much I improved my reading skill in a year. :)
The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky

     Yesterday, I read this book and felt the exact same way as the book recommends about writing. The book reads, "Because writing is highly structured, systematic, and rule-bound, it prompts you to organize, integrate and analyze your thought in a way that would be difficult, if not impossible to do if you were just fantasizing. Writing about your goals helps you put your thoughts together in a coherent manner, allowing you to find meaning your life experiences. Writing about your dreams also gives you an opportunity to learn about yourself-that is, to understand better your priorities, your emotions, and your motives, your identity, who you really are and what's in your heart." Indeed, I have been writing on my blog everyday. When I started blogging almost three years ago, it was only for improving my English writing skill. I hoped that I would improve it a year later from then. As I wrote my thoughts on my blog many times, I was able to organize my thoughts and find what I really wanted to do. I analyzed myself and found what I should do in order to achieve my goal. Writing on my blog everyday became more meaningful for me. By writing on blog everyday, I have been able to improve my English writing skill and also achieved some of my goals since then. :)

      I've read it one half of the book so far. This book is very interesting for me because it was written based on scientific studies. I will enjoy reading the rest of the book. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment