Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Althea Gibson - USPS Forever Stamps

      As I mentioned in my previous entries, I ordered so many forever stamps on USPS.com. Today, I'm going to share this block of four forever stamps, Althea Gibson, with you. Yesterday, I mentioned that I've never interested in watching sports, but I know about Althea Gibson, a pioneering tennis player who became the first black Wimbledon champion. I learned about her life story when I was taking an ESL class four years ago. I read the biography of her. At that time, I wasn't expecting that I would have her stamps! :) I was glad when I found her forever stamps. This is the 36th stamp in the Black Heritage series, so there are many other great stamps released from USPS. I'll share them with you in the near future. :)

Althea Gibson - USPS Forever Stamps



Issue Date:
August 23, 2013
Art Director/Designer:
Derry Noyes, Kadir Nelson

Althea Gibson



     My entries related to USPS stamps can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/USPS%20stamps

      You can check and buy stamps at Official USPS Store on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment