Sunday, August 24, 2014

Chia Seed Drink

     As I mentioned in my yesterday's entry, I bought chia seeds at the Mexican supermarket. Today, I tried making chia seed drink for my first time. :)   As you might know, chia seeds have been very popular these days because they are highly nutritious foods. According to Wikipedia, a one ounce (28 gram) serving of chia seeds contains 9 grams of fat, 5 milligrams of sodium, 11 grams of dietary fiber, 4 grams of protein, 18% of the recommended daily intake of calcium, 27% phosphorus and 30% manganese. These nutrient values are similar to other edible seeds, such as flax or sesame.

Chia Seeds

       I added a tablespoon of chia seeds into water. Then, added lemon juice and sugar into it.

     After 10 minutes or so, the outer layer created a gelatinous film around the seeds as just they look like tomato seeds. The inside of seeds were crunchy, so the drink was very unique in texture!
Chia Seed Drink

      Then, I tried another drink with chia seeds. I added chia seeds into soda, grape juice, lemon juice, and a sliced lemon. It tuned out to be very good! I'd like to purchase more chia seeds and try more drink.
Chia Seed Drink
     I will soak chia seeds into water and let them sit in the refrigerator tonight. It'll turn out to be pudding like texture. I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. :)


        My entries related to Mexican Supermarket can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Mexican%20Supermarket

      This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment