Monday, September 8, 2014

Ceviche at Mexican Supermarket

      When my husband and I went to Mexican supermarket last Saturday, we bought these two kinds of Ceviche. It's because while we were waiting in a line at the deli section, a man ordered two large cups of shrimp ceviche, and they looked so good. That's why we couldn't resist trying their ceviche! :) There were shrimp ceviche and fish ceviche we could choose from, and both of them looked so good, so we decided to buy both. :)
Ceviche

Ceviche

       This ceviche de camaron, shrimp ceviche, was $6.49 per pound. Our small cup one came out $3.76. This was pretty spicy and good! The shrimps were pretty fresh.
Ceviche de Camaron, Shrimp Ceviche
       This ceviche de pescado, fish ceviche, was $3.97 per pound, and this came out $2.30 with the small cup. We didn't know what kind of fish was in it, but it was also good. Frankly, we liked this fish ceviche more than the shrimp one. This had more fresh sour taste. :)
Ceviche de Pescado, Fish Ceviche

      I have never made ceviche before. I would like to make ones like these some day, but it's pretty difficult to find great quality fresh fish to be eaten raw with reasonable price here unlike Japan. Fresh fish is always pricey here. I hope I will find great fresh fish and make my first homemade ceviche some day! 

        My entries related to Mexican Supermarket can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Mexican%20Supermarket

No comments:

Post a Comment