Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Janis Joplin - USPS Forever Stamps

      Last month, I got this sheet of 16 forever stamps, Janis Joplin. This is one of USPS Music Icon series. When I bought this, I didn't know who Janis Joplin was. She was an famous American singer-songwriter in 1960s.

Janis Joplin - USPS Forever Stamps




Issue Date:
August 08, 2014
Art Director/Designer:
Antonio Alcala

Janis Joplin - USPS Forever Stamps

Janis Joplin - USPS Forever Stamps

      Even though I didn't know who Janis Joplin was, I noticed that I had listened to her song, Summertime, many times before. Her characteristic hoarse voice has been making an impression on people's mind.





     My entries related to USPS stamps can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/USPS%20stamps

      You can check and buy stamps at Official USPS Store on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment