Monday, November 24, 2014

Starbucks Japan - City Tumbler - Hiroshima

       As I mentioned in my previous entries, my husband bought some Starbucks local tumblers in Japan. This Starbucks local tumbler, Hiroshima, is one of them. When I was 13, I went to Hiroshima for a school trip for the first time, and we went to Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Genbaku Dome. As you might know, Hiroshima is the first city in history to be targeted by a nuclear bomb. As the result of the atomic bombing, 90,000 to 160,000 people in Hiroshima died that year. I saw many movies related to World War II that many people who were close to the epicenter of the Hiroshima atomic-bomb blast became ash and disappeared in seconds by atomic bombing. Furthermore, many people also died from burns suffered over their entire bodies or leukemia. Although I had seen many photos related to atomic bombing every summer at school in Japan since I was 6, I was a little scared to see the exhibits at Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum because I was still too young. If I have a chance to go to Hiroshima, I would like to visit there once again.

    I don't know if you know about Hiroshima other than that. Hiroshima has so many beautiful places to see and many delicious foods, such as momiji manjyu and Hiroshima okonomiyaki. :) I'm going to share this Hiroshima tumbler with you.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Hiroshima

Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Hiroshima
       Many years ago, my husband and I went to Hiroshima using Seishun 18 Ticket, a special discount train ticket during a limited period in Japan, from Osaka. We wanted to go to Miyajima, which is also called Itsukushima. This picture is the Itsukushima Shrine, which is well known for its floating torii gate. When the tide is low, it is approachable by foot from the island. This is one of must go to places in Hiroshima.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Hiroshima
       Hiroshima Toyo Carp is a professional baseball team in Japan's Central League.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Hiroshima
       Hiroshima is famous for momiji manjyu, a maple leaf-shaped sponge cake containing bean paste. My friends from Hiroshima often gave me momiji manjyu as their souvenirs. It was so good! :)

       This picture is Shimanami Kaido, Nishiseto Expressway. I have never driven there though.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Hiroshima

Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Hiroshima


Starbucks Japan - Tumblers
These are my entries related to Starbucks Japan tumblers.

Starbucks Okinawa Tumbler











Starbucks Tokyo Haneda Airport Tumbler


        My entries related to Starbucks Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan

      My entries related to my Starbucks US collections can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20mugs

      My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment