Monday, December 15, 2014

Maruhide Uni Club, the Best Sea Urchin Restaurant

       Last Saturday, my husband and I went to Maruhide Uni Club, a Japanese restaurant, in L.A. I found that this restaurant serves delicious fresh sea urchin and has many positive reviews. Since I love fresh fish, I couldn't resist trying this restaurant. I believe that sea urchin in Southern California tastes better than one in Japan. Actually, this restaurant was beyond my expectations. By the way, uni means sea urchin in Japanese. :)
Maruhide Uni Club
       They serve so many kinds of foods related to uni.


Maruhide Uni Club



Maruhide Uni Club



Maruhide Uni Club
        My husband chose Uni Ikura Hotate Don, which is uni, salmon roe, scallop, uni egg omelet, served over sushi rice with small salad and uni soup for $18.80. I think this salad had uni dressing. They didn't mention about salad dressing on their menu, but I noticed its uni taste.
Small Salad
       I had never tried uni soup before. Uni is pretty expensive in Japan, so I was surprised that they used uni for the soup.
Uni Soup
       This was Uni Ikura Hotate Don he ordered. He was really satisfied with their high quality fresh sea foods.
Uni Ikura Hotate Don
       I ordered Uni Ika Salmon Don, which was uni, squid, salmon, uni egg omelet, served over sushi rice with small salad and uni soup for $18.80. It was perfect for me! All ingredients were very fresh and high quality. It tasted amazing! We can say that their fresh sea foods were the best in the U.S.
Uni Ika Salmon Don
      They were also selling fresh sea urchin at the entrance.
Maruhide Uni Club
       The small package of Fresh sea urchin, 60g, was $8.50. We didn't buy it this time, but I thought it must be good!
Maruhide Uni Club

Maruhide Uni Club
       If we have a chance to go to Redondo Beach, we will definitely go to this restaurant again. I would like to try their Sea Urchin Cream Croquette and Sea Urchin Cream Pasta some day. :)


Maruhide Uni Club
2130 W Redondo Beach Blvd
Torrance, CA 90504


     My entries related to restaurants can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment