Friday, December 5, 2014

Starbucks Japan - City Tumbler - Nagoya

        Nagoya, the capital of Aichi prefecture, is one of the largest cities in Japan. While my husband and I were living in Nara and Osaka, we took a day trip to Nagoya a several times. What we loved there was having famous local food, such as miso katsu and fried chicken wings. We went to Yabaton restaurant, which is very popular miso katsu restaurant there, a couple of times. There was always a long lime in front of the restaurant, but it's worth waiting for their famous miso katsu. My husband and I also liked going to Little World Musium, an anthropological museum and amusement park, located in Inuyama city, Aichi. It takes about 40 minutes by car from Nagoya city. This place was the one that my coworker who really love traveling abroad recommended me. I didn't expect that it was so fun! The museum has many buildings introduce 23 different countries. You can try on traditional ethnic clothing and experience ethnic foods at each building. I felt like I was traveling so many countries at the museum in a day! My husband and I really love traveling, so we really enjoyed this place. Indeed, we went there three times. :)

        While my husband was on his business trip in Japan, he bought this Starbucks Nagoya tumbler. I'm going to share this local tumbler with you. :)
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Nagoya
        According to Starbucks Japan official website, this shiny golden tumbler was inspired by traditional tiered food boxes. The blue pattern is picture of Arimatsu shibori, one of famous Japanese tie-dye techniques.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Nagoya
        Golden Shachihoko is one of famous objects in Nagoya. It is an animal in Japanese folklore. Its head is like a tiger, and its body is like fish. The fin is always toward sky. Shachihoko is placed on the roof because it has been believed that it extinguishes the fire by shooting water from its mouth when fire occurs.  
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Nagoya

Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Nagoya

     This picture is Nagoya Castle. Two Golden Shachihokos are on the roof of the main donjon.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Nagoya

        Frankly, I haven't been interested in history. Indeed, I was always bad at history when I was student in Japan. I finally figured out that this picture is probably Tokugawa Ieyasu, who is one of the most famous samurais and decided to rebuild the castle at Nagoya in 1609. 
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Nagoya


Starbucks Japan - Tumblers
These are my entries related to Starbucks Japan tumblers.

Starbucks Okinawa Tumbler











Starbucks Tokyo Haneda Airport Tumbler



        My entries related to Starbucks Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan

      My entries related to my Starbucks US collections can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20mugs

      My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment