Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My First Time to See a Wild Frog in Southern California

         It was drizzling two days ago. My husband's Crocs sandals made a sound like frog cries on wet grounds. He told me, "Speaking of a frog, I have never seen any frog in California". I told him that I thought frogs could not live here because of the severe drought. Besides, tadpoles live in water such as ponds and lake. There are no lakes or rivers near our apartment.

         On the following day, we unexpectedly found a frog in our apartment community after working out at the gym. We were really surprised at it. On the day before, we just concluded that frogs couldn't live here! It was our first time to see a frog in Southern California.

       This frog was as large as my fist. It didn't move at all while we were taking photos.

       After googling what type of frog it was, I concluded that it might be California Toad. I still don't know where the habitat for tadpoles near our apartment is.




       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals






Today's Vocabularies and Pronunciations
・frog  【frɑ́g
・tadpole 【tǽdpòul


No comments:

Post a Comment