Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Taking a Walk Around the Hotel - Traveling the Big Island, Hawaii - Day 1-2/2

      After my husband and I arrived at Kona International Airport, we took a free shuttle bus to Hertz Car Rental. (My previous entry : A Rental Car and Gas Prices on the Big Island, Hawaii)  Then, we went to Costco to find unique products of Hawaii. (My previous entries : What Do They Sell at Costco on the Big Island, Hawaii? - 12 Kinds of Unique Products! and Costco Haul - the Big Island, Hawaii )
Costco

      Then, we checked in at Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. (My previous entry : Hotel Room Tour and Review - Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay - the Big Island Hawaii )
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay

      We decide to take a walk around the Hotel. There were many different kinds of Hawaiian trees we had never seen before. We also saw surprisingly numerous Hawaiian birds there.
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
        This hotel, Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, is built on lava cliffs so close to the ocean. We stood on black lava rocks and were able to see the beautiful view of Keauhou Bay.
The View from Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay

The View from Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay

       I found beautiful pink-red flowers of hibiscus. 
Hibiscus
        Then, I found this beautiful yellow flower of plumeria on the ground. I have seen pictures of plumeria in Hawaiian brochure or guidebooks so many times in my life, but this was my first time to see actual Hawaiian plumeria. :) I felt Hawaii by this view of Hawaiian plumeria on the black lava rocks. :)
Hawaiian Plumeria
       I looked up and found that the bloom of plumeria was from this tree.
Hawaiian Plumeria
         I didn't know that plumeria was such a big tree.
Hawaiian Plumeria


       My entries related to our traveling on the Big Island can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Hawaii%20%28the%20Big%20Island%29


     My entries related to hotels and motels can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/hotels%20and%20motels

No comments:

Post a Comment