Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kiholo Bay - Traveling the Big Island, Hawaii - Day 4-2

       After hiking in lava tube cave on January 3, my husband and I headed toward Kiholo Bay. We almost missed this road to access Kiholo Bay because there was no sign, so our GPS was very helpful during our traveling in Hawaii. :)  This road was not paved with concrete, so we slowly drove on this gravel road toward turquoise blue ocean.
Kiholo Bay

Kiholo Bay
          We parked a small parking spot and hiked toward the bay. During our walk to Kiholo Bay, we saw a wild small Indian mongoose in a forest very close to the beach. :)

          I was amazed at how beautiful this beach was! The contrast of the black and white rocks on the beach with clear blue water was so beautiful. This place was a real gem on the Big Island. There were only a few people walking around beach.  
Kiholo Bay


Kiholo Bay

Kiholo Bay

Kiholo Bay

 
Kiholo Bay
         This beach was well known for one of the best beaches to watch wild sea turtles, but we were not able to see any here that day. I wished I could have spent more time here to watch beautiful view of ocean, but we headed toward Pololo Valley Lookout to take more pictures.

Kiholo Bay
Mile Marker 81 On Hwy 11
Kailua-Kona, HI


         I uploaded my YouTube video which I recorded there.



         My entries related to our traveling on the Big Island can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Hawaii%20%28the%20Big%20Island%29


No comments:

Post a Comment