Monday, March 30, 2015

Comparing Curly and Lacinato Kale Smoothie

        My husband and I often have green smoothie as breakfast because it's not only good for our health but is also so delicious. :) We consume at least one bunch of fresh kale every week. This weekend, we went to Sprouts and purchased two kinds of kale. A bunch of organic kale was on sale for $0.88.

        I've already known that there are some types of kale but was always wondering how these tastes different. I usually bought curly kale, which is the most common type of kale sold at my local grocery stores, but decided to give lacinato kale a try for my first time. I bought these curly and lacinato kale to compare these tastes.
Curly Kale and Lacinato Kale
          I made two types of green smoothie. Each green smoothie contained three leaves of one kind of kale, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 inch of ginger, 1/2 orange, 1/2 apple and 1/2 banana. We noticed that these tasted pretty different. The curly kale smoothie was less bitter and mild.
Curly Kale
        In contrast, the lacinato kale smoothie was bitter and sweet. We were surprised at how sweet lacinato kale was. Actually, we loved lacinato one more.
Lacinato Kale
       These two types of green smoothie looked same but tasted so different!
Curly Kale and Lacinato Kale

     This is my entries related to vegetables.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Vegetables

     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment