Thursday, March 26, 2015

Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka

       I have written about Starbucks Japan City tumblers and mugs since my husband came back from his business trip in Japan 5 months ago. I have mentioned 20 kinds of Starbucks Japan City tumblers and mugs on my blog so far, and this mug is the last one I would like to share with you. :)
       This is Starbucks Japan Fukuoka mug. Fukuoka prefecture is located on Kyusyu Island,  most southwesterly of four main Islands of Japan. Indeed, I grew up in Fukuoka until age 18, so I think I know pretty much about the best local foods in Fukuoka such as mentaiko, takana, tonkotsu ramen and so on. Anyway, I'm going to share this Fukuoka mug with you.

Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka
       The official flower of Fukuoka prefecture is ume blossom, Japanese apricot flower. The official bird of Fukuoka is uguisu, Japanese bush warbler. You can see the pictures of ume and uguisu under the word of Fukuoka on this mug. If you travel Fukuoka, you should try umegae mochi, which is mochi with sweet bean paste and is famous sweets in Dazaifu city.There is Dazaifu Tenmangu, one of the huge shinto shrines in Japan and is also known for its 6,000 ume. When I visited Dazaifu Tenmangu, I always had umegae mochi, which is also my husband's all-time favorite sweets in Japan.

Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka

      These pictures of navy blue and white weaves are Hakata ori, traditional silk fabric in Hakata. According to Starbucks Japan Official website, the specific design of this Hakata ori is called Seigaiha. Genkai nada, Genkai sea, is expressed by this design.


Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka



Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka



Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka



Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka
       The top of pictures of the mug are street stands in Hakata. There are so many food stalls around Nakasu river. People come to eat and drink there during night. You can find so many delicious foods there such as Hakata tonkotsu ramen, yakitori, oden and so on.
Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka




Starbucks Japan - City Mug - Fukuoka



Starbucks Japan - City Mugs
These are my previous entries.

Starbucks Hokkaido Mug

Starbucks Kyoto Mug

Starbucks Sendai Mug

Starbucks Hiroshima Mug

Starbucks Kobe Mug

Starbucks Yokohama Mug

Starbucks Okinawa Mug

Starbucks Fukuoka Mug

Starbucks Kanazawa Mug

Starbucks Nagoya Mug






       My entries related to Starbucks Japan mugs can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan%20mugs

      My entries related to Starbucks Japan tumblers can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan%20tumblers

      My entries related to Starbucks Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan

      My entries related to my Starbucks US collections can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20mugs

      My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment