Monday, April 6, 2015

Total Lunar Eclipse

     The Moon was totally eclipsed around 5 a.m. last Saturday. My husband and I are usually asleep around that time, but we woke up and got outside to observe the moon.
Lunar Eclipse on April 4, 2015

        If truth be told, I didn't expect that we would be able to wake up such an early morning. That's why we didn't well prepare for the observation. Our tripod was still in our garage, but we didn't open the garage because it would possibly disturb neighbors' sleep. That's why we took pictures without the tripod. If we had used a tripod, we could have taken much more great pictures. However, considering darkness, we were able to take pretty good pictures of the lunar eclipse. :) I'm going to share the pictures with you.
Lunar Eclipse on April 4, 2015

       Lunar eclipse is also called "blood moon" because of its red color. I was surprised that it looked actually red (or pink).
Lunar Eclipse on April 4, 2015


Lunar Eclipse on April 4, 2015

      I took these photos with Canon Power Shot SH50 HS without a tripod. :))



No comments:

Post a Comment