Thursday, May 21, 2015

Walking Around Woodbridge North Lake

      Last weekend, my husband and I took a walk around Woodbridge North Lake to see wild birds.
Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake

Agapanthus flowers at Woodbridge North Lake

       I found this warning sign around the lake.  It's not acceptable to dump your pets into the wild because non-native animals might threat to native species.

        I found this warning sign too. After that, I would see some Canada goose baby chicks around this lake. :)

        I saw so many kinds of wild animals around this lake like always.

Mallard Ducks in Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake


Painted turtle in Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake


Black Swedish Duck at Woodbridge North Lake


Male Mallard Duck at Woodbridge North Lake

Female Mallard Duck at Woodbridge North Lake


Wild Rabbit around Woodbridge North Lake

Wild Rabbit around Woodbridge North Lake
        This duck walked straight up to us. I thought that she was expecting to be fed.

Female Rouen Duck at Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake
        I had never seen these birds, Egyptian Geese, before. They were continually eating grasses.

Egyptian Geese at Woodbridge North Lake

Egyptian Geese at Woodbridge North Lake
       This black bird is American Coot. I had seen American Coot at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary before.

American Coot at Woodbridge North Lake
       
Woodbridge North Lake

American Coot at Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake

Woodbridge North Lake
        I finally found Canada geese with their chicks!
Canada Geese at Woodbridge North Lake



       My entries related to Orange County Hikes can be seen here.

       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals



No comments:

Post a Comment