Monday, July 27, 2015

How to Cook Carrot Leafy Tops - Savory Carrot Stem Miso Paste

       As I mentioned in my previous entry, I bought a bunch of organic carrots and cooked the carrot leafy green tops. I shared how to cook deep-fried carrot leaves in that entry. Today, I am going to share with you how to cook savory carrot stem miso paste, which is perfect with rice. I referred this recipe on Cookpad.com, a huge Japanese recipe site. The carrot stems are high in fiber, so you will need a food processor to grind them.
Savory Carrot Stem Miso Paste


Ingredients

2 cups of carrot stems
1 tablespoon of miso
1 tablespoon of mirin
1 egg



1. Process carrot stems until finely-ground in a food processor.

2. Heat the oil in a pan. Saute the carrot stems until well cooked.

3. Add miso and mirin. Stir them.

4. Add egg and stir them until cooked. It should take about 30 seconds.

5. Enjoy!



      This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

       This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking







No comments:

Post a Comment