Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Where to Buy Eggs Now - Whole Foods Haul, Pasture-Raised Eggs

       The price of eggs has been rising this year since the avian-flu outbreak in the Midwest. I used to buy eggs at Costco, but now I only purchase them at Whole Foods. It's because eggs are pretty expensive everywhere now, and I sometimes find that Whole Foods eggs are more affordable than other stores surprisingly. Moreover, their eggs are very fresh and taste so good indeed. I think that Whole Foods eggs are from local farms, so they probably don't bear the brunt of avian flu's impact now. Do you agree with me that it's the best time to try Whole Foods local high quality eggs?
    
       My husband and I usually purchase a Whole Foods 18-medium egg for $3.79, which is way cheaper than Costco extra large eggs. :)  Last weekend, we decided to try this case of 18 medium eggs, Pasture-Raised Eggs, for $6.07 for our first time. As you might know, pasture-raised eggs are eggs from grass-fed hens that spend their days roaming and foraging on fresh pasture. That is to say that those are eggs from happy healthy hens. :) 
Whole Foods Pasture-Raised Eggs

       According to Vitalfarms.com, the most comprehensive studies to date showed that in comparison to regular factory farmed eggs, pasture-raised eggs have less cholesterol, less saturated fat, more vitamins and omega 3s. In other words, more of the good stuff and less of the not-so-good stuff.
Whole Foods Pasture-Raised Eggs
        The eggs are more expensive than one we used to purchase at Whole Foods, but I'm really happy to have these eggs. :))  When I eat well, I instantly become happy indeed.    
   
        There is a piece of paper in this egg case. It shows how well hens are treated in this farm.
Whole Foods Pasture-Raised Eggs

Whole Foods Pasture-Raised Eggs


       My entries related to Whole Foods can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Whole%20Foods

       This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking    

      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment