Thursday, December 10, 2015

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 31 - 40)

       In my previous blog entries, I shared top 30 most popular Japanese foods which were chosen by foreign tourists in Japan. If you are going to travel Japan, you should try these authentic Japanese foods there.

     My Blog Entries

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 11 - 20)

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 21 - 30)

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 31 - 40)

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 41- 50)


      Today, I'm going to share most popular Japanese foods (top 31 - 40) with you. :)

No.31 Crab Dishes (カニ料理)
      One day, I watched Japanese TV shows that Japanese crab dishes were often sold out at Kanidouraku (かに道楽),a famous crab restaurant in Osaka, because those were very popular for Asian tourists. Crab dishes are pretty expensive in Japan but taste great. :)    
Crab



No.32 Japanese Green Tea, Ryokucha (緑茶)
      Green tea is the most popular drink in Japan. Indeed, my families have green tea more than three times a day. When I was living in Japan, I didn't use to drink water, but I always had green tea with every meals and sweets. My hometown is Fukuoka, where is one of the most famous places to grow green tea leaves in Japan. That's why I am sort of a green tea connoisseur. :) My parents' home always carry Yame green tea, which is pretty expensive but the finest green tea in Japan. :)   
Green Tea



No.33 Nizakana (煮魚)
      Nizakana is Japanese simmered fish and one of my favorite fish dishes, and I also cook nizakana sometimes. You can also find cans of simmered fish such as Saba no misoni (サバの味噌煮) at supermarkets in Japan. 
Nizakana




No.34 Pork Shogayaki (豚の生姜焼き)
     Pork shogayaki is fried pork with ginger and soy sauce. If you have never had this, you should try it. You can also make it at home.
Shogayaki




No.35 Edamame (枝豆、えだまめ)
     Edamame is steamed or boiled soybeans in the pod. When you go to izakaya restaurants in Japan, you can definitely find ones! I usually purchase frozen edamames and microwave them for a minute. Just season them with a nip of salt. They are very healthy snack!  
Edamame




No.36 Tamagoyaki (玉子焼き、卵焼き)
      Tamagoyaki is a type of Japanese omelette. When I was in high school, I needed to take obento (lunch box) to school everyday. I made many kinds of tamagoyaki as my part of lunch meals. If you want to make tamagoyaki, you just need eggs, your favorite seasoning and a tamogoyaki pan.
Tamagoyaki




No.37 Chicken Nanban (チキン南蛮)
      Even if you don't like very traditional Japanese foods, you will definitely fall in love with chicken nanban, which is deep-fried chicken with tartar sauce. I think this is the one everyone loves. You can find chicken nanban at most teisyoku restaurants in Japan.
Chicken Nanban




No.38 Nikujaga (肉じゃが)
       Nikujyaga is a Japanese style beef and potato stew. I sometimes cook nikujyaga at home. You can check out my entry, How to Cook Nikujaga
Nikujyaga




No.39 Yaki Imo (焼き芋)
      Yakiimo is a roasted satsuma imo, a Japanese sweet potato, and this is one of popular snacks during fall and winter. It's very simple but delicious!
Yaki Imo




No.40 Chocolate Snack (チョコレート菓子)
       Japanese chocolate snack is pretty popular such as KitKat and Black Thunder. KitKat is not originated in Japan, but Japan has an incredible number of KitKat flavors. If you go to Japan, you can find many kinds of Japanese KitKat which you have never seen before. As I mentioned in my previous entry, Balck Thunder is very popular Japanese chocolate bar in Taiwan.
Black Thunder


     My Blog Entries

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 11 - 20)

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 21 - 30)

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 31 - 40)

Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 41- 50)

      I uploaded this video, Top 50 Most Popular Japanese Foods, on my YouTube Channel. :)

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


       These are my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■The Best Japanese Shampoo & Conditioner

■5 Best Japanese Hair Treatment / Mask Products

■Top 5 Japanese Sunscreen Products





■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso



No comments:

Post a Comment