Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What DVDs I Watched in 2015

       At a movie theater, I watched 3 movies, Big Hero 6, Terminator Genisys and Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, in 2015. In addition, I watched a lot of DVDs at home to improve my listening skill and found some great movies (and so-so movies)! I'm going to share what DVDs I watched in 2015 with you.

      First of all, I watched all 311 episodes of ER season 1 through 15 just like I did it in 2014. This was the second time to watch all episodes. As a result, I got familiar with English phrases and vocabularies related to medical area more than before, and I decided to watch them once again this year to keep up my medical knowledge and English skill. :)


       After watching all episodes of ER, I watched 10 movies at home. :)



1. Inside Out (2015)
      I always love movies from Disney and Pixar, and when they released Inside Out in June last year, I thought I should watch it. I finally watched it on DVD last month. :) It was about that every person's emotion such as joy, sadness, fear, disgust and anger is in control of console in mind. I really love this movie and would like to watch it again. :)





2. Jurassic World (2015)
     Jurassic World is the fourth installment of Jurassic Park series. The first of this series was released in 1993, and it was one of my favorite movies back then. When Jurassic World released in June last year, I was really excited and finally watched the DVD at home. I think that the story is basically similar to previous ones which were that people underestimate how dangerous the dinosaurs are and the dinosaurs escaped and started attacking people. However, it never disappointed me. It was really thrilled, and I was actually really into this movie. :) I would recommend this movie to everyone. :)




3. MAX (2015)
       I didn't know this movie before, but someone commented that she really wanted to watch MAX. That's why I decided to try watching this movie. Indeed, it was really great movie! The story was about a poor dog served in military and lost his loved owner in the war in Afghanistan. If you love dogs, you will definitely love this movie.




4. San Andreas (2015)
      This movie, San Andreas, was released in May last year. I was first interested in this move just because Dwayne Johnson was starring in it. I watched his movie, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, before and really enjoyed it. However, this movie, San Andreas, was actually beyond my expectation. The story was about massive earthquakes hit around California. Many places in this movies were where I visited before such as Hoover Dam, Los Angeles and San Fransisco. I really recommend this movie to everyone. 





5. Avengers : Age of Ultron (2015)
      Avengers series are American superhero films. The Avengers consists of many super heroes such as Tony Stark from Iron Man, Bruce Banner from Hulk and Steve Rogers from Captain America. I didn't watch the first Avengers but really wanted to watch this movie, Avengers Age of Ultron, because I like Iron Man series. However, I didn't really enjoy this movie because I don't know most American super heroes except for Tony Stark... ;( If you are familiar with American super heroes, you will probably enjoy this movie.



6. Pixels (2015)
      Pixels released in June last year. I wanted to watch this movie because Adam Sandler and Josh Gad were starring in this movie. I've watched some comedy movies which Adam Sandler starred in such as Just Go with It and loved them. I know Josh Gad because he voiced Olaf in Disney Frozen. In addition, when I was a child, I played Pac-Man and  and Donkey Kong. I thought this movie must be fun! However, I didn't really enjoy this movie somehow. It's probably because I've grown up and am not interesting in TV games anymore.





7. The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
     The Devil Wears Prada has been my all-time favorite movie because it's related to fashion and career which I think that most girls are interested in. This movie was released in 2006, and I have watched it many times indeed. I love all actors and musics in this movie! :) I will watch this movie this year too.





8. Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009)
      I also liked this movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic, because this movie was about fashion and shopping which I love. This movie was released in 2009, and I watched this movie many times. The main actor of this movie Isla Fisher is so cute. :) 




9. UP (2009)
       I love this Disney movie, UP. When I first watched it at a movie theater in 2009, I only understood half of the content of story because I just started learning English that year. However, now I can catch all English and enjoyed it more than before. :) I love that the main character, Carl, who is a very sweet elderly man who loves his late wife and tries to achieve his wife and his dream. 




10. Despicable Me (2010)
     Despicable Me is a 2010 American animation film. I loved that the main character of this movie was a bad guy but eventually became like a sweet daddy. :) Small yellow creatures from Despicable Me became the main characters of Minions, a 2015 animation film. These days, I've often seen DVDs, Minions, at Target and Walmart. I'm not sure if it's fun or not.




       My entries related to movies can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/movies

No comments:

Post a Comment