Monday, January 11, 2016

What Is A Yukari Pen?

      Have you ever tried Yukari?  Yukari is Japanese rice seasoning and is manufactured by Mishima Syokuhin, which was established in 1949 in Japan. Yukari was first made in 1970s and has been very popular rice seasoning in Japan. Indeed, when I lived in Japan, my family always kept Yukari at our kitchen. It's like that you always have butter in your fridge. When I was in dormitory, I was taught how to make Yukari pasta by senior students. It was very easy to cook and was often served at small parties there. :)  By the way, Yukari is made of Japanese red shiso leaves which is also used for coloring umeboshi, Japanese pickled plum, which is so delicious with steamed rice. :)
http://amzn.to/1JGFRc6
Yukari

     Now, Yukari Pen is very popular in Japan and often sold out. When I heard about Yukari Pen, I didn't know what it is. Yukari Pen is not an actual pen. It's still rice seasoning! It's just Yukari in a pen style case. It's easy to be carried around, so you can always keep it in your bag and season rice with it at restaurants, your office or school. I thought it's a very clever idea! It's not available in the U.S. yet, but I want one someday!
Yukari Pen


  



      My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

       These are my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■The Best Japanese Shampoo & Conditioner

■5 Best Japanese Hair Treatment / Mask Products


■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso


No comments:

Post a Comment