Tuesday, February 16, 2016

How to Cook Simmered Japanese Pumpkin - Japanese Cuisine

        Last week, I cooked simmered Japanese pumpkin, which is one of traditional Japanese foods. It's called kabocha no nimono in Japanese. I used a kabocha, a Japanese pumpkin, for it. A kabocha has very hard green skin, so I always find it difficult to cut it, yet I love its taste. Japanese pumpkins are sweeter than American pumpkins, especially kuri kabocha.  Kabocha no nimono is very easy to cook. I'm going to share how to make it with you.

Simmered Japanese Pumpkin

Ingredients (8 Servings)

1 kabocha
90 ml (3oz / 6 tablespoons) of soy sauce
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of mirin
1 cup of water


1. Cut the kabocha into half. Remove all seeds and guts from kabocha. Then cut kabocha into 1 inch cubes.

2. Put all ingredients into a pan. Cover the lid and simmer it for 20 minutes.

3. Remove the lid. Simmer until liquid evaporates.

4. Enjoy!



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking


No comments:

Post a Comment