Monday, February 15, 2016

I Got the Konmari Book, Spark Joy!

      I finally finished reading Marie Kondo's first book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and bought her second book, Spark Joy, at Costco yesterday. :)

      I really enjoyed reading her first book. As I mentioned in my previous entry, dan-sya-ri, 断捨離, had been already pretty popular in Japan before she published her book. 断(dan) has the meaning "to refuse". 捨(sya) has the meaning "to throw out", and 離(ri) has the meaning "to distance." People re-evaluate things in their house and throw out what they don't really need. That's why before reading her book, I wondered why her book became so popular.

     However, Konmari method is a little different from dan-sya-ri. I understand that her method is not just discarding things you don't need. She believes that all your belongings have spirits and want to help you. When the things' jobs were done (right before discarding the things), we should appreciate them and say thank you respectfully. As I read her book, I was really impressed at her passion for tidying. She is a young cute woman, but she really knows so many tidying tips from her experiences. She has dedicated herself for tidying since 5 years old and worked as an organizing consultant for many years.

     After reading each chapter, I told my husband what she taught me that day. I learned many tidying tips from her book and thought that this book was really worth more than the price I paid. I even thought that I should have bought it sooner! If you haven't read her book and find it difficult to organize your home, you really should read this book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
        I'm going to read her next book, Spark Joy, from today. :) Unlike her first book, Spark Joy has some illustrations. :)
Spark Joy

Spark Joy

Spark Joy


      






      These are my entries you might like.

■The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

■My Tidying Marathon (Books) - Konmari Methods

■Japanese MD Player - My Tidying Marathon

■Marie Kondo Moved to the U.S.

■Marie Kondo's New Book : The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up


     My entries related to Konmari can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment