Sunday, March 20, 2016

Deep-Fried Oysters, Kakifurai

     A week ago, my husband and I bought frozen oysters at a Korean supermarket. I made oyster soup with them last week. Tonight, he cooked deep-fried oysters, which are called kakifurai in Japanese. These were crunchy and creamy. We really loved them. We sometimes made kakifurai in winter when we lived in Japan. Oysters are in season in winter. :)  I'm going to share with you how he made it.
Deep-Fried Oysters, Kakifurai

Ingredients (2 Servings)

16 oysters
2 tablespoons of flour
1 egg (beaten)
4 tablespoons of bread crumbs (panko)
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of tonkatsu sauce


     
1. Lightly coat oysters with flour.

2. Dip them into beaten egg.

3. Coat them with bread crumbs.

4. Heat oil in a deep pan over high heat. Deep-fry them.

5. Enjoy! Put mayonnaise and tonkatsu sauce according to your taste. :)



     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


No comments:

Post a Comment