Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Finished Reading the Book, Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not!

      I finally finished reading this book, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki, last night. I would like to recommend this book to anyone who lives in the U.S. :) It's pretty easy to read, and actually, I read it up faster than usually I do. I read it for 30 minutes to 1 hour a day, and it took me 5 days to finish reading it. However, I learned a lot from this book. I thought this was one of the most useful books. :) Nonetheless, this author's philosophy about job and finance is different from my belief because I believe that the one thing that more important than being rich is to find out what we love to do. I think people who have a job which they love also have fulfilling lives regardless of wealth and types of jobs. 
Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not!
      I met many multimillionaires through my previous job in Japan, and I learned from them that the rich people care about an even small amount of money. They buy luxury things and services which most people can never afford, but they don't miss to get a discount even it were less than $10 worth of it. They donate a huge amount of money but don't pay for nothing. If you noticed that you dropped a penny from your pocket but didn't care about it because of a penny, you might be too loose with money. If you disrespected a small amount of money, I think you would loose more than you noticed.

      One of things I agreed with this book is about financial illiteracy. If your income increases, and you think that it's okay to spend more money for a house, a new car, and furniture and etc, you will never have money for asset. According to Kiyosaki, your own house and car are not assets, those are huge liability. Because your liability goes up, you have to work more and more to pay off your consumer loans, mortgage and etc. We should learn how we choose to spend the money we have.

    Anyway, I thought this book was worth more than I paid. :)
Contents
Introduction Rich Dad Poor Dad
Lesson 1: The Rich Don't Work for Money
Lesson 2: Why Teach Financial Literacy?
Lesson 3: Mind Your Own Business
Lesson 4: The History of Taxes and the Power of Corporations
Lesson 5: The Rich Invent Money
Lesson 6: Work to Learn - Don't Work for Money
Overcoming Obstacles
Getting Started
Still Want More?
Final Thoughts

 
      Last week, I also ordered his second book, Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant, from Amazon. I hope I can receive it sooner than the previous book which it took me two weeks to receive.



      My entries related to books I read can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Books


No comments:

Post a Comment