Friday, March 4, 2016

How to Cook Kinpira Broccoli

      I cooked kinpira, a traditional Japanese side dish. Kinpira is commonly used to cook burdock root and carroto, which is called kinpira gobo. Burdock root is called gobo in Japanese. This time, I used broccoli for kinpira because I wanted to use up Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw which I bought a while ago. You can get gobo at Asian supermarkets, but if you do not have Asian supermarkets nearby your home, you can substitute broccoli for gobo. I'm going to share how to cook it with you.
How to Cook Kinpira Broccoli

     Ingredients (2 Servings)

2 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 dried red pepper (minced)
12 oz of Trader Joe's Broccoli Slaw (or 12 oz of shredded broccoli and carrots)
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of mirin
1 teaspoon of hondashi
1 tablespoon of ground sesame seeds


1. Heat sesame oil in a pan over high heat. Put dried red pepper.

2. Add broccoli and carrots. Stir-fry them until cooked.

3. Add sugar, soy sauce, mirin and hondashi. Simmer until liquid evaporates.

4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

5. Enjoy!


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment