Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring Flowers Around La Jolla Cove

     As my mentioned in my yesterday's entry, my husband and I went to San Diego and took a walk around La Jolla Cove. As we expected, we were able to see so many wild plants beautifully blooming along the coast.
La Jolla Cove
        I made obento, a Japanese lunch box, before going there. As soon as we arrived there, we sat on a bench toward ocean and had lunch there. We enjoyed seeing this beautiful ocean view and feeling the cold sea breeze. :)
Ice plant succulents
      Lush ice plants, succulents, were growing along the coast of La Jolla. The pink and yellow flowers of ice plants were blooming!
Ice plant succulents

Sea Lavenders
       Sea lavenders were also beautiful!
Sea Lavenders

Sea Lavenders
     I cannot figure out the name of these white flowers. Does anyone know that?


     We were able to see a great number of cormorants and brown pelicans were sitting and resting on the cliff. 
Cormorants
  
Cormorants and Brown Pelicans


Brown Pelicans




       My entries related to La Jolla can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/La%20Jolla%20Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment