Friday, April 8, 2016

How to Cook Tteokbokki, Korean Rice Cake Dish

      As I mentioned in my yesterday's entry, I cooked tteokbokki, which is a Korean foods made from rice cakes this week. I also added boiled eggs. :) It was salty and sweet, and my husband and I liked it. :) I'm going to share how to cook tteokbokki with you.
How to Cook Tteokbokki

Ingredients (6 Servings)

3 tablespoons of gochujang
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of sake
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of dashida
1 1/2 cups of water 1/2 lb (200g) of Korean rice cakes, tteok
1 onion (sliced)
6 eggs (boiled)
1 bunch of green onion (finely chopped)


    

1. Put gochujang, soy sauce, sake, sugar, dashida and water into a large pan. Turn on the heat and stir the mixture until the mixture has dissolved.

2. Add rice cakes, onion and boiled eggs. Simmer for 20 minutes.

3. Serve on a plate. Top with green onion.

4. Enjoy!

How to Cook Tteokbokki


       These are also my entries you might like.


■How To Make French Fries from Scratch (with Dashida)

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

     This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment