Tuesday, April 5, 2016

How to Cook Yakitori Don, Japanese Chicken Bowl

     Last weekend, I made these Japanese chicken bowls for dinner. I used Kikkoman Unagi Sushi Sauce, which I bought for seasoning grilled unagi a while ago. (You can check out my previous entry, Unagi.) It is a pretty small bottle of unagi sauce, but I have cooked chicken bowl many times with it since I purchased it. :) Anyway, I'm going to share how to make Yakitori Don with you. By the way, yaki (焼き) means  grilled, sauteed, fried or baked in Japanese, and tori (鳥) means chicken. Don (丼) means a bowl.  
How to Cook Yakitori Bowl

     Ingredients (2 Servings)

1 lb of chicken (chopped)
nip of salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of flour or potato starch, katakuriko
1 bunch of green onion (cut into 1 inch length)
2 servings of steamed rice
2 tablespoons of unagi sauce


1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Then, Mix them with potato starch thoroughly.

2. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Saute chicken and green onion until both sides of chicken are browned.

3. Serve rice in a bowl. Put chicken and green onion on it.

4. Sprinkle of salt and pepper on it. Season with unagi sauce.

5. Enjoy!

How to Cook Yakitori Bowl

     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

       These are my entries you might like.

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso

No comments:

Post a Comment