Thursday, April 7, 2016

Korean Rice Cakes, Tteok

    I go to my local Korean supermarket weekly because many Asian vegetables are always very inexpensive there. About two weeks ago, I decided to purchase this pack of Korean rice cakes. I had cooked tteokbokki, which is a Korean foods made from rice cakes, before. This time, I remembered that my Koren friend served her homemade soup made from rice cakes to me months ago, so I decided to cook rice cake soup like she did. I didn't ask her the recipe, but I just cooked it. :) Just add dashida, sliced Asian radish, Korean rice cakes and water into a pan and bring it to a boil. Then, add some chopped green onion. It was very easy to make and tasted good. :)  I should have taken photos of the soup though.
Korean Rice Cakes
     The Korean rice cakes I purchased are oval shaped, so they are cooked faster. 
Korean Rice Cakes
    This week, I also cooked tteokbokki with using rice cakes. I'll write about the recipe tomorrow. :)
Tteokbokki


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


No comments:

Post a Comment