Saturday, April 9, 2016

Sara Udon

    Today, my husband cooked sara udon for our lunch. Udon (うどん) is Japanese thick white noodle dish, but sara udon (皿うどん) is a dish used very thin deep-fried noodles as you can see the photo below. Sara (皿) means a plate in Japanese, so the noodles of sara udon are served on plate while other udon dishes are served in a bowl.
sara udon (皿うどん)
      He used this package of sara udon for making our lunch. It contained deep-fried noodles and sara udon sauce. He added some cabbage, green onions and several kinds of sea foods in it.  As I mentioned in my previous entry, this was one of foods my mother-in-law sent to us from Japan. :)

     It's been so many years since we had sara udon before. They were actually so good! The noodles were so crispy and savory, and thick salty sauce was perfect with vegetables and sea foods! 
sara udon (皿うどん)
     Sara udon is a dish that is a regional cuisine of Nagasaki prefecture in Japan. If you are planning on visiting Kyusyu, you should try authentic sara udon there. I also recommend you to try champon, which is another local noodle dish in Nagasaki.   :))



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment