Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sashimi Days

      Last week, my husband bought this set of 6 kinds of sashimi at Mitsuwa, a Japanese supermarket in the U.S., on the way home from work. Even though we love fresh grade sashimi very much, we don't usually purchase such a big plate of sashimi because it is usually pretty expensive here. (I purchase a small amount of it only when it is on sale.) However, it was selling at half the price at that time! It was only $12, so he couldn't miss out on this deal! We were really excited to have fresh sashimi for dinner. :)  
Sashimi
     It tasted as great as I was expecting. However, it was so thick. I thought it's too thick! We couldn't eat everything. That's why we sliced sashimi and marinated it in a mixture of soy sauce and mirin for over night in the fridge. Next day, we enjoyed having kaisendon, fresh sashimi bowls. I just put marinated sashimi on freshly steamed rice, and topped with chopped green onions. It was also good! He told me kaisendon was even better than just sashimi. :)


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

      My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

       These are my entries you might like.

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso

No comments:

Post a Comment