Monday, April 4, 2016

Spice Thai, Thai Restaurant

      Yesterday, my husband and I decided to have lunch at a Thai restaurant. We don't usually eat out because we love cooking and eating at home. The main reason why we went to this restaurant was that we wanted to make Thai coffee at home and make our coffee tutorial video in the near future, so we decided to try Thai coffee at this restaurant. :)

     He found this Thai restaurant, Spice Thai, located in Lake Forest. When we got there, it was about 12 p.m., but it was not crowded at all. 
Spice Thai

Spice Thai
        We ordered their Tom-Yam Soup for $7.95. If truth be told, we traveled Thailand for our first oversea travel when I was 21. I just graduated from college in Japan at that time. As you know, tom-yam soup is the most famous Thai cuisine, so we tried one in Thailand. It was less than $2 there. I remember that authentic tom-yam soup was super spicy and sour. We tried one several times in Thailand, but we didn't really like it. It's probably because sour soup was very new to me back then, and I didn't get used to the new taste during our 10-days travel in Thailand. Most Japanese soup is usually slightly salty such as miso soup which never tastes sour nor spicy. Anyway, the reason why I chose tom-yam soup at this restaurant was that I thought that I probably would like it now. It's been so many years since we traveled Thailand. We've enjoyed new cuisine since then. Actually, I was right! We surprisingly loved this soup very much! :) The soup contained chicken, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, onion, lime juice and coriander. I would like to cook it at home someday!
Tom-Yam Soup
       We also ordered their Thai Fresh Rolls with beef for $8.95. The rolls were come with two kinds of sauce. They were very fresh and good! :) 
Thai Fresh Rolls
      In addition, we ordered their B.B.Q. Pork Fried Rice for $9.95. When we traveled Thailand, we also had fried rice there. It was only $3 in Thailand. I don't remember how authentic Thai fried rice tasted in Thailand, but I only remembered that we loved it. :) This fried rice tasted also great. It contained jasmine rice, pork, egg, carrots, onions and celery, and it was topped with coriander, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.
Thai B.B.Q. Pork Fried Rice
       After having delicious Thai foods, we finally ordered Thai iced coffee for $2.95. When we traveled Thailand, I think we had Thai coffee too, but all I remembered was that all Thai drinks were excessively sweet to me. This Thai iced coffee was sweet but not too sweet. We actually liked it. :) Thai coffee is very unique. It's not just coffee and milk. According to Wikipedia, it is prepared from a mixture of coffee, brown sugar, and various grains and seeds like cardamom, corn, soybeans, rice, and sesame seeds. It also contained evaporated milk. 
Thai Iced Coffee
      We were glad to find this Thai restaurant! Specially we really liked that we actually loved tom-yam soup now. It was a very great experience for us, and we would like to go to this restaurant again someday. :)

Spice Thai
24301 Muirlands Blvd
Ste R
Lake Forest, CA 92630



         My entries related to restaurants can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/restaurants


No comments:

Post a Comment