Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Package from My Mother-In-Law, from Japan

      This week, my husband and I received a package from mother-in-law, who lives in Japan. As I mentioned in my previous entry, she has periodically sent Japanese foods from Japan since we moved to the U.S. I'm going to share what she sent to us this time with you.
A Package from My Mother-In-Law
      This is a pack of 7 kinds of beans and grains, which are  soy beans, black soy beans, red soy beans, sticky rice, red rice, black rice and sprouted brown rice. I will mix this with fresh steamed rice. 

      This is Shiokombu (塩こんぶ), which is salted dried kelp. This is perfect with fresh sliced cucumbers. 
Kurakon Shikonmbu 塩こんぶ
     This is a pack of instant seaweed soup. It's perfect for busy day.
Riken Instant Seaweed Soup

     This is nori for temaki sushi. I will wrap rice ball with this nori.

     This is takenoko (竹の子), a bamboo shoot,  produced in Kyusyu. I would like to make takenoko steamed rice with it. 
Takenoko, A Bamboo Shoot
     This is two servings of Marutai Bou Ramen, instant ramen.
Marutai Bou Ramen
    Today, my husband cooked ramen for lunch with it. :)
Marutai Bou Ramen
     She also sent these Japanese traditional sweets. Actually, we've already eaten them up. :) All of them were Japanese mochi with sweetened bean paste in it. Some of them had mach taste, and some of them had sesame seeds around mochi. They were so good!


       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment