Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Bird Watching Around Our Neighborhood

      Last weekend, my husband and I took a walk around our neighborhood like always we do on weekends. He has been very busy to finish up his project this year, so we've stayed at home weekends mostly. Getting outside and walking around our neighborhood is very refreshing. :)

     While walking around our neighborhood, I found there was a beautiful great egret in a pond there.
Great Egret
     She was so tall and white. She looked like she was there in search of prey.
Great Egret

Great Egret
     There were also some female mallard ducks like always.
Mallard Ducks

Mallard Ducks

Black Phoebe

Black Phoebe

      These were always many kinds of birds sitting on the top of these very tall trees.

     Because the tree was very tall, it was very hard to see the birds. I watched birds through my camera with 50x optical zoom. It looked like something woodpecker or flicker.
Woodpecker / Flicker


Mourning Dove

Dark-eyed Junco


     My walking outside is like bird watching rather than exercising because I love watching wild animals. :)


My camera I use for taking pictures of wild animals is Canon Power Shot SX50 HS.


    By the way, this is the video I recorded at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary two years ago. There are always so many kinds of wild birds. I would like to go there again this month. :)


     This is the video I recorded in Japan two years ago. 




These are my entries you might like.

■Walking Around Woodbridge North Lake

■Bird Watching at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary

       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals



No comments:

Post a Comment