Saturday, July 2, 2016

How to Cook Okonomiyaki - Our Saturday Lunch


       Today, my husband cooked this okonomiyaki for our lunch. As I mentioned in my previous entry, Most Popular Japanese Foods, okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) is a very popular savory Japanese pancake. In Japan, there are many delicious okonomiyaki restaurants. Indeed, I have sometimes gone to okonomiyaki restaurants since I was child. It's also an easy homemade meal (or snack) in Japan, and we also cook ones at home occasionally. If you love okonomiyaki, and you have never tried making ones at home, you really should try it. It's very easy and so delicious. :) Anyway, I'm going to share how to make okonomiyaki with you.

1. Mix okonomiyaki flour with your favorite ingredients such as shredded cabbage, eggs, cheese and pork.

2. Heat oil in a pan, and pour the mixture. Cook the both sides until slightly browned.

3. Serve on plates, and top with Japanese mayonnaise and okonomi sauce.

4. Finally, sprinkle dried bonito flakes and aonori over it.
    I usually top with some shredded pickled red ginger, which is called benisyoga (紅生姜) in Japanese, but we've run out of it already.

5. Enjoy!


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

       These are my entries you might like.

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso

No comments:

Post a Comment