Friday, September 9, 2016

Mentsuyu with Cold Soba Noodles

     As I mentioned in my previous entry, my mother-in-law sent soba noodles (蕎麦) from Japan because my husband and I moved into our first own home two months ago. In Japan, it's custom to eat soba noodle when people move into new place. It's called hikkoshi soba (引っ越し蕎麦) in Japanese. This week, I finally cooked cold soba noodle (ざるそば)! :)
      We bought mentuyu (めんつゆ), a dipping sauce for Japanese noodles, at Japanese supermarket several weeks ago. Mentuyu, which is also called hontsuyu, sobatsuyu, udontsuyu and etc, can be also eaten with udon noodles (うどん), somen noodles (素麺) and tempura (てんぷら). 
      I added some chopped green onion, wasabi and water into mentsuyu. The cold soba noodles were so good! I always appreciate her kindness. Thank you for sending delicious soba noodles to us. Today, I emailed these photos above to her. :)




    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.




       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment