Sunday, September 25, 2016

Nissin Raoh Review, Umami Tonkotsu & Soy Sauce

     Last week, my husband and I bought Nissin Raoh Instant Ramen at a Japanese Supermarket. When we lived in Japan, we loved Raoh instant ramen. Because they are usually more expensive than other instant ramen products in Japan, we didn't often eat them. Last week, I found that Nissin Raoh instant ramen was on sale at my local Japanese supermarket in the U.S., so we couldn't miss out on that sale. :)
Nissin Raoh


     Tonight, my husband finally cooked Nissin Raoh. It was our first time to eat Nissin Raoh in the U.S. (We had Nissin Raoh in Japan many times though.) We tried Umami Tonkotsu and Umami Soy Sauce today. I'm going to share my reviews on Nissin Raoh with you.


Nissin Raoh Umami Tonkotsu
     Nissin Raoh Umami Tonkotsu was instant ramen noodles with pork bone based soup, which is called tonkotsu ramen (豚骨ラーメン) in Japanese. The texture of noodles was very authentic. It didn't taste like instant noodle. Actually, it was not too bad, but we didn't think it really tasted like tonkotsu ramen. It's just too milky. Since we grew up in Fukuoka, where is the most famous place for tonkotsu ramen in Japan, we think we might be too picky when it comes to tonkotsu ramen. I thought Nissin Raoh in the U.S. was very different from one in Japan. Unfortunately, it was too Americanized. We thought the best tonkotsu instant ramen for now is Marutai instant ramen.



Nissin Raoh Umami Soy Sauce
     We also tried Nissin Raoh Umami Soy Sauce. The texture of noodles was so good just like Umami Tonkotsu, but I was not happy with the soup. Again, it was very Americanized. Indeed, we think that Chukazanmai Soy Sauce Flavor is much better than Nissin Raoh.

     As I mentioned in my previous entry, we sometimes purchase Nissin Raoh in Japan when we visit our families there. Because Nissin Raoh in Japan is one of our favorite instant ramen, we were a little disappointed in Nissin Raoh here. :( They were not too bad but not as good as ones in Japan.



    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



 

No comments:

Post a Comment