Sunday, December 11, 2016

Tsukimi Wakame Udon - What My Husband Cooked for Lunch

       Today, my husband cooked tsukimi wakame udon (月見わかめうどん) for lunch. As you might know, udon is Japanese thick white noodles. Tuki (月) in Japanese means the moon, and mi (見) means to view, so tukimi (月見) is moon-viewing. The egg in this udon looks like the moon, so it's called tsukimi udon in Japan. We added some wakame and green onion. The wakame looked like night sky. :) 
      These days, my husband and I have been really into yuzu kosho. As I mentioned in my previous entry, he bought this yuzu kosho in Tokyo, Japan last month, and since then we've added a tiny amount of it to our meals such as steaks, miso soup, udon, cucumber sticks, baby carrots and so on. This Japanese citrus spice gives your meal superior flavor. :)   Today, we added it to the udon, and we thought our udon turned into restaurant grade one! If you have never had yuzu kosho, you really should tried this amazing Japanese spice!
Yuzu Kosho




    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.

■ How to Cook Miso Soup

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



No comments:

Post a Comment