Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Year of The Rooster - New Starbucks Lunar New Year 2017 Collection

http://amzn.to/2j98GFh
      Starbucks has just released the Lunar New Year 2017 Collection! As I mentioned in my previous entry, 2017 is the year of the rooster, so they released many goods with adorable rooster design. :) I'm going to share five new Starbucks Lunar New Year Collection items with you. By the way, did you know that Chinese New Year 2017 is January 28th? 


1. Starbucks Lunar New Year Rooster Bank
Starbucks Lunar New Year Rooster Bank
      This red rooster bank is perfect for 2017. When I visited my parents in Japan, I found that my mother owned many kinds of bank with animal design. She told me that her local bank gave away the year of animal's bank to customers every year. She almost collected all 12 animals' banks! You know it takes 12 years to collect all of them.




 2. Lunar New Year Starbucks Bearista Bear
Lunar New Year Starbucks Bearista Bear
     This Starbucks Bearista Bear in the rooster costume is very cute. :) He just doesn't look like a rooster to me at all though. 



 3. Starbucks Lunar New Year Cup with Lid - Ombré Rooster
Starbucks Lunar New Year Cup with Lid - Ombré Rooster
      This gorgeous red mug has a lid with silicone seal. This beautiful red cup reminds me of traditional Japanese vermilion cups with otoso, Japanese medicinal sake traditionally drunk during New Year celebrations in Japan. My late grandfather used to pour a small amount of otoso into the beautiful red cups for my family members to have a happy year ahead in morning on New Year's day every year.




4. Starbucks Lunar New Year Mug - Red with White Rooster
Starbucks Lunar New Year Mug - Red with White Rooster
     This cute red mug has white rooster design. Starbucks Japan also released this New Year's mug.




5. Starbucks Lunar New Year Gold Rooster Glass Mug
Starbucks Lunar New Year Gold Rooster Glass Mug
      This clear glass mug has a gold rooster pictured. When I have caramel macchiato, I always choose a glass mug to enjoy beautiful coffee and milk layers. :)




     These are my entries you might like.

■Happy New Year 2017 - Japanese New Year Cards, Nengajo

■Starbucks Los Angeles Double Wall Traveler (2016)

■Starbucks California Double Wall Traveler (2016)

■Starbucks 2016 Anniversary Collection

■Starbucks 2015 Anniversary Collection

■Starbucks Hawaii - Traveling the Big Island, Hawaii - Day 2-2/6

■What They Sell at Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room - Traveling Seattle, Day 2 - 5/9

■The Original Starbucks - Traveling Seattle, Day 1-6/7 


        This is my YouTube channel.
Ringo's Coffee Channel

       My entries related to coffee can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/coffee


        My Starbucks entries can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks

       This is my entries related to my Starbucks collections.
 http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20mugs


       My entries related to Starbucks Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your article! Do you know how much the Rooster Bank costs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's $22.95. I haven't seen one at Starbucks branches, and I believe it's only available online.

      Delete
  2. Hi, do you know if this is still available online? Cannot find anywhere

    ReplyDelete