Wednesday, February 15, 2017

James Blunt - You're Beautiful

      Since I found my Panasonic Portable MD Player in my garage last year, I have sometimes listened to songs from MDs I brought from Japan in 2008.
Panasonic Portable MD Player

      As I mentioned in my previous entry, if you didn't live in Japan in 1990s and 2000s, you probably have no idea what MD is because MD made a limited impact outside Japan. :) MD was actually very popular in Japan back then, and I believe that all my friends in Japan had MD players.
MDs

       Today, I listened to Beautiful Songs, which is the music album contains 21 English songs.
Beautiful Songs
      When I lived in Japan, I couldn't understand English at all but enjoyed listening to English songs sometimes. I couldn't read lyrics in English and couldn't catch any words from the songs even though I often listened. However, I can catch the most of them and understand lyrics now. It's pretty strange that the songs were exactly as I remembered, but I felt like it's different.

      My favorite song from the music album, Beautiful Songs, was You're Beautiful by James Blunt. This song was used as background music in a Japanese serial drama and some Japanese TV commercials such as Toyota Vitz and Shiseido Tsubaki. When I listened to this song in Japan, I thought this beautiful song must be a happy love song, but now I know that it's actually a heartbreak song. You know how strange it is!


Lyrics

My life is brilliant
My life is brilliant
My love is pure
I saw an angel
Of that I'm sure
She smiled at me on the subway
She was with another man
But I won't lose no sleep on that
'Cause I've got a plan


You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful, it's true
I saw your face in a crowded place
And I don't know what to do
'Cause I'll never be with you


Yes, she caught my eye
As we walked on by
She could see from my face that I was,
Fuckin' high
And I don't think that I'll see her again
But we shared a moment that will last till the end


You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful, it's true
I saw your face in a crowded place
And I don't know what to do
'Cause I'll never be with you


You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You're beautiful, it's true
There must be an angel with a smile on her face
When she thought up that I should be with you
But it's time to face the truth
I will never be with you






    This is my entries related to my favorite songs.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/songs



No comments:

Post a Comment