Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Marutai Kurume Noukou Tonkotsu Ramen

     When my husband was on his business trip in Japan, he purchased 8 kinds of Marutai Kyusyu Ramen. Marutai is a Japanese company that makes instant ramen. The company was established in Fukuoka in 1947 and started selling Bou Ramen in 1959. Bou (棒) means stick in Japanese. While most instant ramen is wavy noodle block, the noodles of Marutai Bo Ramen are as straight as sticks. That's why this ramen is called Bou Ramen (棒ラーメン). Each Bou Ramen has two servings of instant noodles. These years, they've started selling Kyusyu region series in Japan, and the series has been very popular there. We've tried Kurume, Kagoshima and Nagasaki so far.
Marutai Kyushu Ramen

       Last week, my husband cooked this Marutai Kurume Noukou Tonkotsu Ramen (マルタイ 久留米 濃厚とんこつラーメン). Kurume (久留米) is a city located in Southern Fukuoka. Kurume is famous for tonkotsu ramen in Japan. Actually, our home town is pretty close to Kurume, and we've gone to ramen restaurants located in Kurume so many times since we were children. There are numerous tonkotsu ramen restaurants in Kurume, and famous restaurants are Taihou Ramen (大砲ラーメン), Maruboshi Ramen (丸星ラーメン) and Taihou Ramen (大峰ラーメン). When you walk close to tonkotsu ramen restaurants in Kurume, you will definitely notice smell of pork-bone broth. Indeed, Kurume tonkotsu ramen tastes richer than Hakata and Kumamoto tonkotsu ramen. (You might think it's too greasy.) By the way, noukou (濃厚) means rich in Japanese.
Marutai Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen

      He topped the ramen with egg, nori, green onion and shredded ginger pickles.
Marutai Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen

       It was just as excellent as I expected. :) Marutai always makes the best authentic tonkotsu ramen! By the way, I think that the worst Japanese tonkotsu ramen is Nissin Raoh Umami Tonkotsu selling in the U.S.
Marutai Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen




      These are my entries related to Marutai Kyusyu Instant Ramen.

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen 

■Hakata Nagahama Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kagoshima Kurobuta Tonkotsu Ramen

■Saga Gyu Shio Ramen

■Miyazaki Tori Shio Ramen

■Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

■Oita Torigara Soy Sauce Ramen



    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.



       These are also my entries you might like.
■Review - Marutai Kagoshima Kurobuta Tonkotsu Ramen 

■Review - Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

■Marutai Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen - What My Husband Cooked This Weekend

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Japanese Breads Haul - Convenience Stores in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets




No comments:

Post a Comment