Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Yakiudon, Yaki Udon, Japanese Stir-Fried Udon Noodles

      Last weekend, my husband cooked yakiudon (yaki udon) with instant yakiudon noodles, which we purchased at our local Japanese supermarket. It included two servings of udon noodles and yakiudon sauce. This is how to cook yakiudon. Cook udon noodles with plenty of boiling water. Stir-fry your favorite vegetables (cabbage, onion, carrot, green onion etc) and meat (pork, chicken, beef or seafood) in a large pan. Then add cooked noodles and yakiudon sauce in a pan. Stir-fry them for a while. Serve and top with kizami shoga, aonori and Japanese mayonnaise. Enjoy. :) 
Instant Yakiudon Noodles
      As you might know, udon (うどん) is Japanese thick white noodles. You might think this dish doesn't look like udon, but it's also a type of Japanese udon noodles actually. You've probably tried or heard of yakisoba (焼きそば). Yakisoba and yakiudon taste similar. The difference between yakisoba and yakiudon is the noodles. While yakisoba is stir-fried with soba noodels, yakiudon is stir-fried with udon noodles. I've shared some types of udon noodles with you in my previous entries, so you can check them out.

Tsukimi Wakame Udon (月見わかめうどん)

Curry Udon (カレーうどん)

Nabeyaki Udon (鍋焼きうどん)

Sara Udon (皿うどん)


     Anyway, this yakiudon he cooked was so delicious! :) If you love yakisoba or okonomiyaki, you probably like yakiudon as well.       







    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.



       These are also my entries you might like.
■Review - Marutai Kagoshima Kurobuta Tonkotsu Ramen 

■Review - Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

■Marutai Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen - What My Husband Cooked This Weekend

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


No comments:

Post a Comment