Sunday, May 28, 2017

How to Prepare Takanazuke, Japanese Mustard Leaf Pickles

       As I mentioned in my previous entry, Packages From My Mother-In-Law - They Are From Japan!, my mother-in-law sent takanazuke (たかな漬, 高菜漬) to my husband and me from Japan. Takanazuke is Japanese mustard leaf pickles and is perfect with steamed white rice. In Fukuoka, where is my hometown, takanazuke is famous local pickles and also popular tonkotsu ramen topping. When I was a child, my grandmother used to make takanazuke from scratch. Even though I don't know how to pickle takana leaves, I can purchase takanazuke at supermarkets. I didn't learn how to prepare takanazuke from her, but I saw how she was doing it while I was a child. :) Today, I'm going to share how to prepare takanazuke with you. 

Takanazuke
Ingredients
1 Pack of Takanazuke
2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
2 Dried Red Pepper
4 Tablespoons of White Sesame Seeds
 


1. First, open the package and rinse the leaves under running water.

2. Cut them finely. (Now, you can eat them, but I prefer to eat cooked takanazuke because they are savory and taste better.) 


2. Cut one dried red pepper finely. Heat sesame oil and red papper in a pan over high heat.


3. Add takanazuke. Stir-fry them for 5 minutes or so.
 



5. Add sesame seeds and stir them thoroughly.



6. Enjoy! It's perfect with freshly steamed rice. :) You can store them in a small container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.


     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Marutai Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen - What My Husband Cooked This Weekend

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets





No comments:

Post a Comment